Sometimes Xampp server show’s Busy/used by another process.
- This happen because apache server default port address 80 is already used by any other http server (apache tomcat/JBoss/Wildfly Server).
- So we have to change the default port address of the server to run both server in windows at a time.
- In such scenerio xampp shows error log when we try to start.(Please follow image:Xampp Server Error Windows).
To change the XAMPP Apache server port here the procedure :
1.Click on Config in control panel and select Apache (httpd.conf). It will open a configuration file.
2. In configuration file search “Listen 80”: (This is the default port configuration of Xampp Apache Server).
Now change the default port address 80 to nearest free port like 60/70 or any user defined port. (here we choose 70 port).
6. Now search “servername” and change the default port there also with 70 which is same as the previous port address.
Now we have to change servername port according to user defined port
6. Save and close the configuration file.
7. Now click on config button in xampp control panel and select Apache(httpd-ssl.confl). It will open’s configuration file.
8. Change the default port Listen 443 to any other port like 444/445/446. here we have replaced Listen 443 to Listen 447.
9. Now find servername in configuration file and replace the default servername port number 443 to 447.
11.Save the configuration file and close .
12. Now Click on config button in Xampp control panel that is present on right upper side in panel.
13. Now click it on ‘Service and Port Setting’ and select the apache tab in window
14.Now Change the port there also replace Main port 80 by 70 or user defined port as well as SSL Port 443 by 447 or user defined port that is already configured in configuration file.
15. Select auto start modules if you want to run automatically when Xampp server starts. otherwise we have to start manually start the individual server.
15. Now Save it and restart the server. enjoy