The windows startup programs is very useful functionality in windows, but on the other it can also be a way of slow down the startup process of your computer. You must understand the loading programs means that a share of your system resources is taken up.
If you use a startup program on a regular basis, then you can get it started up each time you boot your pc, but if you do not use the programs regularly, then there is no need for you to load the programs at windows startup every time.
Disabling unwanted programs on the startup time would increase your PC’s performance and startup time.
Follow the steps to disable the startup programs in windows 7:
1.Press Windows+R or open Run command window from start button.
2. Type MSCONFIG and press Enter Key.
3. From the window select startup tab
4. Uncheck all the programs that you do not want running upon windows startup
Note: You might find some programs about which you might not be sure, it is necessary for you to decide which programs you need to disable from the startup list.
Since, if you disable programs form the startup window randomly, some of the functionalities might be lost, in case you are not sure about the program to load or unload, go for quick search on the internet, verify if the program is important that you uncheck one item , if you are unsure whether to leave a program running, it is best to leave it alone.
5. Press OK button and restart the computer
6. After restarting a dialougue window will be displayed . you can check the option for not showing this message every time you reboot your PC.
7. If you want to re-enable the programs in the windows startup program list, just trigger msconfig and get the item reloaded, just put a check mark in the box beside the startup item and it will be re-enabled.