Cron Jobs in Windows?
Cron Jobs in windows is also known as Windows Task Scheduler. Which is time-based job Scheduler in Windows based Operating Systems, People who set up and maintain software environments use Cron to schedule jobs (commands and scripts) to run periodically at fixed times, dates, or intervals.
How to Create a Cron Job/Schedule a Task in Windows Task Scheduler:
- Click on Start Menu and open Control Panel
2. Double Click on Task Scheduler, or Open Task Scheduler from the panel
3. Click on Action Menu and Select the Create Task… Option from the menu. It will open a window for configuring the task.
4.Click on General Tab and Choose a Name for your user defined Cron Job. Here we choose to name “MyCronJob”.
5. Click on Triggers Tab and Click on New button for create new Trigger.
6. Here you can schedule your Task like one time/ Daily/ Weekly/ Monthly etc. Here you can choose according to your need.
7. Select Actions Tab, Click “New”, Select Program to execute, in our case we want to run Cron Job. So we will require the running browser. So select Firefox, Chrome, IE etc. Suppose Cron URL is http://example.com/cronjob.php Action should be like “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe” “http://example.com/cronjob.php”.
8. Click on Task Scheduler Library which located on the left panel and Right Click on your Job and selects for Run.
9. You can Run/End/Enable/Disable your task by following same steps.