Hide and Unhide files and folder in windows
Windows have a feature to hide any file or folder you want, This is basically used for system files.
You can hide any file/folder but you have to remember the location because hidden files are not shown on windows search result.
Please follow steps to hide file in windows
- Open folder or file and right click on folder/file and select properties.
2. On opened window select the hidden check box and click on Apply, OK button as shown in below image.
3. Now file/folder is hidden and disappears from that location.
Please follow steps to unhide file in windows
- Click on “Organize” button and select “folder and search options “. You can find this also from “Tools” menu and then click “Folder Options…..”.
In other windows Os you can find it on “Tools”-> “Folder Options…”.
2. Click on View Tab and click on “Show hidden files and folder” radio button and click on Apply and OK.
3. Now files/folder or appears on your location, but they are partially hidden.
Note: If you want to hide this file/folder after use, you can just use the second step and select “Don’t show hidden files, folders”, this will again hide your folder.
4. If you want to unhide that folder you can just right click on that file or folder and uncheck the hidden checkbox. It will unhide your file/folder.5. Now your files and folders are shown on your location.
Note: As the already mentioned hidden feature is basically used for system files so always choose “Don’t show hidden files, folders, drives” Otherwise, lots of hidden files are shown on the desktop and other drives that are system files.